Christ among the Doctors of the Law

 

 

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Four options regarding continence and married clergy in the West

Update, 22/24 Jan 2011: I think most people are understandably going directly to the webpage wherein the Four Options are spelled out. I just added "Summary" sections to the four points for easier reading. Also, I have tweaked the post for consistency of expression, so, it is better just to consult the official page now. It wasn't much longer than this first post, anyway!...


This post is a bit too long, I think, for normal blogging purposes, so I am offering here only excerpts from a longer discussion of these four options at my website, available here.

There are, I think, ultimately only four ways that the question of continence for married deacons and priests in the West can be settled....